Good day, friends!
I know that I have been out of the loop for quite some time, now! But, my passion for all things Disney hasn’t gone away. I suppose I was trying to get away for a bit, because the people around me are tired of me talking about Disney this and Disney that. But, the truth is that, with the exception of my faith in God and the power of Jesus, Disney is what I know and love here on Earth!
To that end, I am just letting you know that I will be aiming to Blog Weekly! I will be covering important Disney News, giving my thoughts on what is happening in the parks, at the movies, and what’s coming up on TV (mainly Disney+). I am not a professional, but I am a lover of the Disney bubble!
As you may have heard, there will be some gradual reopening at Disney Springs. There are guidelines for visiting, but it’s a start! Here’s hoping that the parks and resorts will begin coming back to life sooner, rather than later!
There are rumblings of timelines for the parks at WDW and Disneyland to begin reopening, but nothing certain, at this time! However, construction at Disneyland has been allowed to resume on current projects. Maybe there won’t be a huge delay?
Finally, I would suspect that we will see some discounts and enticements from Disney to get people to return to the parks. What they will be and how they will work is anyone’s guess at this point in time. I also believe that 2021 package information may be delayed slightly, but should be along soon!
Until next time, keep your Dreams alive and a bit of Magic in your heart!
Well…surprise, surprise! We have some date that people have been waiting for, in some cases, years to hear!
Rivers Of Light
First, the Rivers Of Light at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will begin floating past the crowd on February 17, 2017! This nighttime experience has had a few setbacks along the way, but I have faith that WDI has solved the mysteries that have eluded them and will bring a spectacular show! Related to this event, Disney has also announced that there will be dinner packages available to get preferred seating for Rivers Of Light. Eligible restaurants include Tusker House, where you can choose to eat Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner for $37 for adults and $23 ages 3 – 9, tax and gratuity not included. And Tiffin’s, where you get appetizer, entree, dessert and a non-alcoholic beverage at a cost of $67 per adult and 32 for ages 3 – 9, with tax and gratuity not included.
Happily Ever After
Next, say goodbye to Wishes! Beginning on May 12 a new fireworks spectacular will be taking place in the Magic Kingdom! This new show will include music and clips from some of Disney’s newer films. Look for Zootopia, Moana, Brave, Big Hero 6, and many others! The Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party will continue to be offered and will offer some of the better views of the new fireworks! Take a look at the video that Disney released! This is going to excite you!!
Thanks for reading, my friends!
Keeping the Magic Alive!!
Greetings my friends! I hope this day finds you filled with Disney Magic!
Moonlight Magic After Hours events have been announced for 2017.
As a part of your DVC Membership, Disney will be hosting several After Hours events in every park throughout The Vacation Kingdom! You evenings will begin at 7pm. The park schedule is: <!– –>
- Magic Kingdom – February 24 and March 3
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park – June 22, 28, July 5, 13
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – September 6, 13
- Disneyland Park – November 15
- Epcot – December 4, 11
Sounds like fun!!
After Hours at Magic Kingdom Park
If you are not a DVC member, fear not, you are not totally forgotten! There are some Disney After Hours events at Magic Kingdom Park scheduled over the next few months. Dates for this event are January 20, 27, February 2, 9, 16, and March 2, 9. The benefits of this package include: Little to no wait times for popular attractions, 7PM entry for the ability to see “Wishes!”, and Snacks like ice cream, popcorn, and select beverages are included!
Watch this video from Disney Parks Blog to see what it’s like!
The cost of this event is $119 plus tax for ALL in attendance!
Paint The Night
I don’t normally dabble in rumor, but this one I hope is true! It is rumored that the Paint The Night parade may find it’s way to Magic Kingdom Park for the Summer of 2017. According to WDW News Today with the lighter than expected attendance of 2016 and the fact that, Pandora, The World Of Avatar is the only ‘new’ opening this year at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, it may be the best choice to bring this wonderful parade to help draw guests to WDW.
I hope I get to see it, if it comes to the park!
Thanks for reading and remember…
Let’s Keep The Magic Alive!!
- Magic Kingdom Park will say good-bye to the Kingdom Cabanas beginning on February 17, 2017! It would appear that there was little interest in making use of this ‘perk’ even at a discounted price!
- Miss Adventure Falls will debut at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon in the Spring of 2017. Climb aboard a 4 person raft for a quick paced adventure. All aboard!!
- The 1st Annual EPCOT International Festival Of The Arts began this weekend offering interactive workshops, Broadway music, and Food! There are limited Dining experiences available. Call 407-WDW-DINE for information and reservations!
- Walt Disney’s Carousel Of Progress has been lit up for Disney After Dark! With the new color scheme and recent exterior updates, it’s a beautiful piece of art in Tomorrowland!!
Thanks for reading, my friends!!
Let’s Keep The Magic Alive!
January 13 through February 30, 2017 brings a new festival to EPCOT that is sure to bring fun, frolic, and yes FOOD for guests to enjoy!
At the EPCOT International Festival Of The Arts, you will find Fun in the form of the artists, or their works that are scheduled to attend. From the works of Mary Blair and Herb Ryman to current Disney artists. You can just have a look around or watch some creative juices flow live during the Festival!
Frolic might be had by attending concerts from some of Disney’s best Broadway stars from Aladdin, The Lion King, and Newsies(my personal favorite). These concerts will be presented on the weekends of the festival and will take place on the America Gardens Theater stage. Show times are 5:30pm, 6:45pm, and 8:00pm.
2017 Appearance Schedule
- January 13-16 and 20-23
Ashley Brown & Josh Strickland perform songs from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Mary Poppins, Tarzan and The Little Mermaid.
- January 27-30 and February 3-6
Kerry Butler & Kevin Massey perform songs from Disney’s Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Newsies and Tarzan.
- February 10-13 and 17-20
Kissy Simmons & Alton Fitzgerald White perform songs from Disney’s Aida, Aladdin, The Lion King and The Little Mermaid.
As for Food, there will be Food Studios place around the World Showcase Promenade where you can try a vast array of foods. This is similar to, but completely different, compared to Food And Wine. To learn more about the offerings go to The Disney Food Blog page for information!
This sounds like a lot of fun!! Enjoy and remember…
Let’s Keep The Magic Alive!
Walt Disney World is testing a new dining option at Magic Kingdom Park®. Beginning on January 12 and running through February 22, several of the Quick Service venues will begin participating in Disney Dine-on-the-Go! The menu includes one Lunch Quick Service entree and one non-alcoholic beverage until 4pm and one Dinner Quick Service entree and non-alcoholic beverage good after 4pm. Desserts will be an out-of-pocket expense, if you desire.
The participating Quick Service venues are:
- Casey’s Corner
- Colombia Harbour House
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
- Pinocchio Village Haus
Valid Park Admission Required!
The cost is $29 for adults and $12 for kids 3 – 9 and can be purchased at Magic Kingdom Park Vacation Planning booth. Is it worth it? You tell me!!
Let’s Keep The Magic Alive!
There have been a few little changes that may fly under the radar at Walt Disney World. As a member of several, maybe TOO many, Disney fan Facebook groups, I try to glean things that could be missed that could also be important information to pass on!
Tony’s Town Square has made apparently made some small changes to it’s menu, probably to enhance the introduction of alcohol to the eatery. For more information visit: WDWNT’s review of the new menu.
Annual Passholder may need to be aware that many Cast Members are now asking for ID for ALL passholders with purchasing privileges. So, if your kids have purchasing capabilities attached to their Annual Pass, you might want to grab their school ID on the way out the door, just in case!
I’ll keep an eye on little tidbits like this to pass along to you!
In the meantime, Let’s Keep The Magic Alive!
I want to start this out by stating that I really love Walt Disney World! I have been a fan for over 30 years. However, much of what is coming out these days makes me wonder where Walt’s dream ends, and the Disney Company greed begins!
It has been revealed that the Fastpass Plus system is no longer offering the parades and fireworks as a selection. I don’t know if that means that the roped off areas will be treated like open season, or if there is something else in the works. My guess, get ready to pay cold hard cash for this privilege!
Recently Disney announced that there will be a premium event offered called Disney After Hours. For a mere $150 each, plus applicable tax, you can enjoy The Magic Kingdom with fewer people and shorter waits.
Currently, the dates for this are:
- April 28 and May 5, 2016 from 10pm to 1am
- April 14 and 21, and May 8, 12 and 19, 2016 from 11pm to 2am
Many of the attractions and Meet and Greets are expected to be available during this ‘special’ event. But, it makes one wonder if this is spelling the end to Extra Magic Hours! Time will tell!
You know how you keep putting your loose change in that jar to help save for your trip to Walt Disney World? Well, start saving more! It looks like the new theme is make money however we can, as WDW begins charging for things that were previously complimentary.
A $15 a day resort fee is being considered to help ‘defray’ the cost of using the pools, Magical Express, and other amenities. So, the question I have is: Is it better to just increase the resort cost to cover these expenses, OR do we prefer the resort fee structure? I’m not sold either way, at this time.
It looks like there may be a Preferred Parking structure at the parks beginning with The Magic Kingdom. I have heard the initial cost will start at and additional $10. I prefer using Disney Transport for this particular park. Now, as it may move to the other parks, I guess it depends on how far from the entrance, and how frequent the trams are running.
The next thing we know, there will be a cost to FastPass Plus, meals won’t include soft drinks, or even the use of Disney Transport may cost an extra fee to use!
Let me be clear! I LOVE WALT DISNEY WORLD! But, I am having to continually put off the next trip as I try to save all the money I will need to go! I am hoping that the ladies and gentlemen making these decisions will consider how this might impact the overall Guest Experience.
Thanks for reading! Please let me know your thoughts, as well! Have a Blessed and Magical day!
We had a few pieces of news on Thursday, March 17, 2016…
- Adventures By Disney is will begin offering a Walt Disney World and Central Florida package. Included in this package are some behind the scenes moments around the WDW Parks, Preferred seating for Rivers of Light at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Festival Of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdom Park, VIP access to Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train and Toy Story Midway Mania, and a private Animal Kingdom Safari. You will also get a chance to visit a few other central Florida attractions featuring Kennedy Space Center where you will have lunch with an Astronaut! For more details, contact your favorite Authorized Disney Vacation Planner (whoever that may be) and start planning your next visit!
- The line-up for for the Nights of Joy concerts have been announced. This year the concerts are being held at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex! There will be service provided by Disney Transport to and from the venue to the parks and resorts.
- Sept. 9 – MercyMe, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Francesca Battistelli, Crowder, Matthew West, Stars Go Dim, Zealand Worship
- Sept. 10 – newsboys, for King & Country, Young & Free, Switchfoot, Red, Thousand Foot Krutch, Tim Timmons
There will also be more ticket options available for this year’s event. The options are:
- A single-night ticket for Friday’s concerts – $39 plus tax (in advance); $45 the day of the show (if available).
- A ticket which would include a day at one of the four Walt Disney World Resort theme parks and the concerts for Saturday night – $99 plus tax (in advance); $114 plus tax the day of the show (if available).
- A 2-Day ticket which includes both nights’ concerts, a day at one of the four Walt Disney world Resort theme parks – $119 plus tax (in advance).
Plus, if you purchase the 2-Day ticket before Aug. 9, 2016 will also receive one (1) admission to their choice of Disney’s Blizzard Beach® or Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon® Water Parks from Sept. 6-12, 2016. Group discounts also are available. Tickets will go on sale in mid-April.