I want to start this out by stating that I really love Walt Disney World! I have been a fan for over 30 years. However, much of what is coming out these days makes me wonder where Walt’s dream ends, and the Disney Company greed begins!
It has been revealed that the Fastpass Plus system is no longer offering the parades and fireworks as a selection. I don’t know if that means that the roped off areas will be treated like open season, or if there is something else in the works. My guess, get ready to pay cold hard cash for this privilege!
Recently Disney announced that there will be a premium event offered called Disney After Hours. For a mere $150 each, plus applicable tax, you can enjoy The Magic Kingdom with fewer people and shorter waits.
Currently, the dates for this are:
- April 28 and May 5, 2016 from 10pm to 1am
- April 14 and 21, and May 8, 12 and 19, 2016 from 11pm to 2am
Many of the attractions and Meet and Greets are expected to be available during this ‘special’ event. But, it makes one wonder if this is spelling the end to Extra Magic Hours! Time will tell!
You know how you keep putting your loose change in that jar to help save for your trip to Walt Disney World? Well, start saving more! It looks like the new theme is make money however we can, as WDW begins charging for things that were previously complimentary.
A $15 a day resort fee is being considered to help ‘defray’ the cost of using the pools, Magical Express, and other amenities. So, the question I have is: Is it better to just increase the resort cost to cover these expenses, OR do we prefer the resort fee structure? I’m not sold either way, at this time.
It looks like there may be a Preferred Parking structure at the parks beginning with The Magic Kingdom. I have heard the initial cost will start at and additional $10. I prefer using Disney Transport for this particular park. Now, as it may move to the other parks, I guess it depends on how far from the entrance, and how frequent the trams are running.
The next thing we know, there will be a cost to FastPass Plus, meals won’t include soft drinks, or even the use of Disney Transport may cost an extra fee to use!
Let me be clear! I LOVE WALT DISNEY WORLD! But, I am having to continually put off the next trip as I try to save all the money I will need to go! I am hoping that the ladies and gentlemen making these decisions will consider how this might impact the overall Guest Experience.
Thanks for reading! Please let me know your thoughts, as well! Have a Blessed and Magical day!
We had a few pieces of news on Thursday, March 17, 2016…
- Adventures By Disney is will begin offering a Walt Disney World and Central Florida package. Included in this package are some behind the scenes moments around the WDW Parks, Preferred seating for Rivers of Light at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Festival Of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdom Park, VIP access to Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train and Toy Story Midway Mania, and a private Animal Kingdom Safari. You will also get a chance to visit a few other central Florida attractions featuring Kennedy Space Center where you will have lunch with an Astronaut! For more details, contact your favorite Authorized Disney Vacation Planner (whoever that may be) and start planning your next visit!
- The line-up for for the Nights of Joy concerts have been announced. This year the concerts are being held at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex! There will be service provided by Disney Transport to and from the venue to the parks and resorts.
- Sept. 9 – MercyMe, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Francesca Battistelli, Crowder, Matthew West, Stars Go Dim, Zealand Worship
- Sept. 10 – newsboys, for King & Country, Young & Free, Switchfoot, Red, Thousand Foot Krutch, Tim Timmons
There will also be more ticket options available for this year’s event. The options are:
- A single-night ticket for Friday’s concerts – $39 plus tax (in advance); $45 the day of the show (if available).
- A ticket which would include a day at one of the four Walt Disney World Resort theme parks and the concerts for Saturday night – $99 plus tax (in advance); $114 plus tax the day of the show (if available).
- A 2-Day ticket which includes both nights’ concerts, a day at one of the four Walt Disney world Resort theme parks – $119 plus tax (in advance).
Plus, if you purchase the 2-Day ticket before Aug. 9, 2016 will also receive one (1) admission to their choice of Disney’s Blizzard Beach® or Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon® Water Parks from Sept. 6-12, 2016. Group discounts also are available. Tickets will go on sale in mid-April.
Well, here we go again! Walt Disney World has raised the prices for tickets in what seems to be an almost semi-annual event. And, while there are price changes to ALL levels of admission, the biggest is by far the introduction of Tiered Ticket Prices for the One-Day Magic Your Way ticket. That means that your One-Day admission can vary depending on the time of year, or even the day of any given week!
I can’t say for sure, but this may be where some potential visitors begin to question whether it’s a good idea to visit WDW or not. But, maybe that’s the goal? I’m sure that one of the primary goals is to drive folks to the Multi-Day tickets. All of which have a 14-day limit after first use. And, rumor has it that there may soon be a limit on how long you can hold onto an unused ticket. So, if you are pre-purchasing tickets for a future visit, you may want to check for an expiration date for usage.
Will these changes keep hardcore fans from visiting? I seriously doubt it! But, for those who may be marginal about making the trip, it may be enough to send them to other destination. How about you?
Thanks for reading! Have a God Blessed and Magical day, my friends!