Many of us debate whether to stay at one of the Disney Resorts when we visit Walt Disney World, or find a hotel off-property. Here is my list of benefits, in an attempt to be fair to both arguments. If you can think of anything I missed, please add it to the comments below to share with all our readers, thank you!!
Walt Disney Resorts:
1. You are completely inside the Disney Bubble.
2. There is transportation provided to all of the theme parks, Downtown Disney, and the Water Parks.
3. Advanced Dining Reservations are good at 180 + 10 Days before your arrival.
4. Fastpass+ selections at 60 Days before your arrival.
5. Package delivery to your resort from any Disney property retail outlet.
6. Early morning, or late evening Extra Magic Hours.
1. Could be less expensive. (make sure to include any resort charges that may not be included in your price).
2. You have your own transportation to come and go as you please. Remember, once you pay parking, you can travel between parks with no extra charge.
3. Morning meals can be less costly if you are eating outside the resort.
4. Advanced Dining Reservations can still be make 180 days out, just remember one day at a time!
5. Fastpass+ selections are available 30 days before your arrival.
6. There is freedom to go to other area attractions.
As you can see, there are definitely benefits to both types of vacation strategies. Choose what works best for you, and get your plans made! And, don’t forget, there are many travel agents who are able to help you in either case. Let me know if you need help and I’ll get you in touch with one of my friends!
That’s it for now! Have a Blessed and Magical Day!!